Charge a monthly fee not an annual fee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charge a monthly fee not an annual fee

I think instead of charging all the customers the annual fee yearly all at once they should charge them the monthly fee. Its a turn off for me. I think if they charged a monthly fee instead a lot more people would use y/our hosting. I know if I were a customer I would hesitate to pay the whole fee at once, not because Im worried about satisfaction(Because theres a 30 day money back Guarntee) but thats quite a bit of money. Now if I could pay a monthly fee I would not heistate to pay. Maybe you could make it so they could pick if they want to pay the monthly fee, or pay for the whole year would be an even better way to go.

Please, use the forum Search tool as you were already advised.

Monthly billing is included into our plans for the future, but no release date for this option has been specified yet. Please, have in mind that wholesale prices will be higher with monthly billing due to the complication of the billing system and increased billing expenses.

Comment

Any update on when Monthly Billing will be made available yet? I'm getting a little itchy to start selling using monthly billing, as everyone I ask wont be bothered to pay yearly. I've talked to a gopod deal of people and they all tell me that they'll consider buying from me when montly billing is introduced. I dont wanna sound like I'm begging for it, I'm just being the curious little guy who wants an update

Comment

Actually I don't see why it's so hard for people to pay a yearly fee. Most of the people I find who gives an excuse that they'll only purchase from you if you charge on a monthly basis aren't really interested in the first place. It's just an excuse...

Comment

Intorducing a monthly fee brings up several problems:
          1) The billing systemmust support recurring bills, which it still doesn't;
          2) Every single payment needs to be processed, which is not an entirely automated process. This means that introducing monthly fees means more expensive services.
          Of course I am not saying that these problems are imposible to overcome. We have plans to implement this option in our system, but it is not one of the top priority projects at this time.

Comment

It would raise the prices for hosting. One thing no one thinks about is alot of people have trouble remembering to pay yearly now think about monthly.

Comment

Monthly billing would be an entirely different situation than yearly. It wouldn't be a matter of forgetting to pay monthly. It would be a subscription service and your credit card or paypal account would be charged every month automatically. Also with email notifications there is no excuse to forget to pay for your hosting every year.

Comment

Guys..

Guys why not just have 24 months and 36 months instead..

If we where the customer i think We like the monthly payments only if we will just try the service. Then obviously this is not a GOOD potential Customers..

and be sides if TESTing is what they need we have our 30 day money back Guarantee.

so what you say on we, Offering our customers a 24 months and 36 months Package instead...

Comment

OK. Two things I would like to ay here.

1.) I know 24 or 36 month packages may sound good....but to be honest, I beleive that would just be setting the prices at a point that, no matter how littly or how much the space we give them is, that no one is going to want to bother paying it because to them, the prives will look too high. Say we offer my Micro Plan, displayed on my website, for example. the montly price that is show would be $6.75 USD. If you multiply that by 24, you would get $162.00. I dont know about you, but if I were the customer, I would just leave and say: well, I know the display their prices montly, but they're asking me to pay on a 162 bucks for just 2 years of service, and thats just too much for me. No offense, but I don't like the idea of charging every 24 or 36 months at all. It isnt you, It's just I think it would just either just slow down the flow of incoming customers to a point where we wonder whats going on, or customers will just stop coming all together except for that stray customer you get every month or so. If that happened, you'd be right back at square one, right back where you started. I dont think there is anyone here who wants that. So please, lets just go with Monthly or annual payments, its easier or more reliable.

2.) In regards to monthly billing, I know it's included in future plans, but every time someone asks when it will be implemented we get one of the same two answers: it's coming within a couple of months, possibly by the end of the year, OR we get the answer I have no clue when it is going to be implemented. Now I know you guys are working on it, but from what I can see, you're practically almost 90 percent there. I know its been only 5 months, but does anyone have any good news on hen this will be implemented?

Sorry for the long rant-looking message. I kinda wasnt expecting it to kinda look like it was a rant, but it does. Just so you know, it's not a rant, its just my opinion. You can argue it if you wish, since I'm not saying I'm right, even though I'd love to be. Anyway, Thats all I need to say.

Comment

Originally posted by Nova-Host View Post
                    In regards to monthly billing, I know it's included in future plans, but every time someone asks when it will be implemented we get one of the same two answers: it's coming within a couple of months, possibly by the end of the year, OR we get the answer I have no clue when it is going to be implemented. Now I know you guys are working on it, but from what I can see, you're practically almost 90 percent there. I know its been only 5 months, but does anyone have any good news on hen this will be implemented?
                    The introduction of monthly billing is connected with the introduction of support for recurring billing into our billing system. This is a huge change, representing almost a complete rewrite of the billing system, as it was never intended to support recurring billing in the first place. It is also a change that should go smoothly from the start as with anything related to finance. I am not sure when it will be available, but I wanted to provide some insight to illustrate that this is a major change that requires time. At the moment, all efforts of our developers are focused on testing and finishing the VAT support that should be introduced in approximately a month.

Comment

I agree that offering monthly billing would make our howting more attractive by leaps and bounds. May people do not care if they get a discount for yearly rates, they just like the month-to-month billing. Less committment is worth spending a few extra dollars a month for many people.

Originally posted by jingjong View Post
                      Guys why not just have 24 months and 36 months instead..

If we where the customer i think We like the monthly payments only if we will just try the service. Then obviously this is not a GOOD potential Customers..

and be sides if TESTing is what they need we have our 30 day money back Guarantee.

so what you say on we, Offering our customers a 24 months and 36 months Package instead...

I also agree, that at lest a 24-month billing should be implemented. Not sure about 36 months. But at any rate, discounts would have to be given for most people to lock themselves into a commitment for that long. By and large, though, I don't think that multi-year billing is as attractive as month-to-month in the hosting industry. Too many hosts change every year. Whose to say that your host might be great this year and suck the next. I personally would never pay for more than a year in advance. Foolish, IMO. Yet I bet a decent percentage will fall for the discount. LOL. So from a marketing perspective it may be actually more foolish not to offer multi-year billing packages than to actually buy one. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Milen View Post
                        The introduction of monthly billing is connected with the introduction of support for recurring billing into our billing system. This is a huge change, representing almost a complete rewrite of the billing system, as it was never intended to support recurring billing in the first place. It is also a change that should go smoothly from the start as with anything related to finance. I am not sure when it will be available, but I wanted to provide some insight to illustrate that this is a major change that requires time. At the moment, all efforts of our developers are focused on testing and finishing the VAT support that should be introduced in approximately a month.
                        Hmm.... actually the VAT is not a big concern for most of us non-EU resellers...
                        Our main concern is the new API, monthly billing, reselling VPS, dedicated, SSL, etc..

Maybe RSP should start thinking of hiring more developers as we can't really afford to wait that long.... Please keep us updated.

Just my 0.02.

Comment

I agree with J.L.H.C. Non-EU Resellers don't really have any concern for VAT and therefore are more focused on monthly billing, the api, vps, and other features. I also agree that RPS should possibly look into hiring more developers. It isnt a demand, just something for the guys at RSP to look into.

Comment

We are sales people!

Don't say no to your potential customers. If you are "talking" with your potential customers and they don't like yearly billing, then convince them to try it with a reminder that "you" will provide them with a 30 day money back guarantee - it is in place to help you sell. If they don't like that offer, then purchase an account to host the small handful of monthly based customers. If you think these customers are not good potential customers then you're wrong...

A good salesman will know when a guy comes to a car dealership and says he is "thinking" of buying a car. That really means he "wants" to buy a car, or else he would not be there in the first place!

Whatever you do, don't say no! They have a problem, you have the solution. Don't give them another problem, just solve their current one! Your monthly based customers will convert over once they realize that everything is headache free.

Remember, always identify the customers problem. I will repeat, your customers do not want hosting - instead, they have a problem and have come to you for a solution. Do what you have to do to clear their minds and their wallet will open right up. The quicker you identify their problem, the more probability they will purchase your other services too (design, programming, hosting, advertising, maintenance).

Well, this is my strategy anyhow... and my two cents
                            ~ Aaron

Comment

Originally posted by Programmer View Post
                              We are sales people!

Don't say no to your potential customers. If you are "talking" with your potential customers and they don't like yearly billing, then convince them to try it with a reminder that "you" will provide them with a 30 day money back guarantee - it is in place to help you sell. If they don't like that offer, then purchase an account to host the small handful of monthly based customers. If you think these customers are not good potential customers then you're wrong...

A good salesman will know when a guy comes to a car dealership and says he is "thinking" of buying a car. That really means he "wants" to buy a car, or else he would not be there in the first place!

Whatever you do, don't say no! They have a problem, you have the solution. Don't give them another problem, just solve their current one! Your monthly based customers will convert over once they realize that everything is headache free.

Remember, always identify the customers problem. I will repeat, your customers do not want hosting - instead, they have a problem and have come to you for a solution. Do what you have to do to clear their minds and their wallet will open right up. The quicker you identify their problem, the more probability they will purchase your other services too (design, programming, hosting, advertising, maintenance).

Well, this is my strategy anyhow... and my two cents
                              ~ Aaron
                              All of us already know all this. We already know that we mus provide solutions to problems. We already know that we must never say no. But your advice does not apply to everyone as we all have different budgets, plans, goals, etc.

Thing is, since RSP already provides billing, we don't see any reason they cannot provide more attractive billing instead of adding features that are kind of less important. RSP has been in business for a long time now. It's baffling that they have no already implemented monthly billing since everyone knows that for many niche markets monthly billing is very attractive and that only yearly billing can be a real deal-breaker for many prospects. And I don't blame them. Personally, I would never ever pay a hosting company more than 6 months in advance no matter how good the yearly or multi-year deal is. As I said before, hosting companies come and go and good service comes and goes. Just because host is good now does not mean they will be good 7, 8, 9, 12, 24 months from now.

I know that this constant hounding them will never make monthly billing be introduced quicker, but at least we can show them that w really are interested in such a feature.

And just to reiterate, I don't think that anyone here in his right mind is asking for monthly billing with the current pricing. It is a given that if monthly billing was introduced that the monthly price would be higher than the now yearly price (if paid monthly). Not a problem (within reason, of course).

Comment

Working...
                              X