Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zend optimizer

Hello all,

I have a question. I've searched the forum for a hit of zend optimiser on the current installation, but I've read that it isnt available yet.
    I don't know if this is also part of your network, but *************5.com does seem to have it. Is it installed yes or no? I develop applications and encode them so please tell me if it is installed.

Thanks loads!
    Eddy

oddcircle, Zend Optimizer is currently installed on most of our servers. However, it is currently in a beta testing period. This means that the support for it can be discontinued at any time. We have not made an official announcement about it, because we do not want our resellers and/or customers to rely on it and be disappointed, if we decide to discontinue the support.

Comment

Originally posted by Milen
      oddcircle, Zend Optimizer is currently installed on most of our servers. However, it is currently in a beta testing period. This means that the support for it can be discontinued at any time. We have not made an official announcement about it, because we do not want our resellers and/or customers to rely on it and be disappointed, if we decide to discontinue the support.
      Thanks for the answer, keep using it, its great.
      Any news on php5 by the way? I mean, are you going to install it anytime?

Thanks.

Comment

According to our system administrators there are no plans for migrating to PHP 5 in the near future.

Comment

According to our system administrators there are no plans for migrating to PHP 5 in the near future.
          too bad.

Comment

Can't believe this

is ZEND Optimizer coming? Milen, please look at your post from about 4months ago...

...and search for ZEND on this forum. I do not bring any customers for the last 3 months due to ZEND missing. I'm planning to move away from you another few when subsc. is finished. Now, you're telling us about it. Just my frustration and wasted time.

Is finally ZEND stable, secure and compatible for your servers? Or maybe your marketing dep. have forced your tech guys to understand how important ZEND Opt. is and how many more clients you can get. Or maybe you're still guys think that ZEND Opt. is not so important?

Your post 03-31-2005, 12:26 PM
            Arthur, I can understand your need for ZEND Optimizer, however, like any software it is not flawless. Being free and having IBM behind it does not make it perfect.
            Here is some food for thought. Last time we installed ZEND on one of our servers (not a SS hosting server), we were faced with some serious incompatibility issues with the other software installed on the server. So serious in fact that they rendered the server inoperative. It took some time to find out the incompatibilities and bring the server back online. Now, you would not want this happening on a SS, would you?
            Just because some software is free, backed by a major IT company and might be useful, does not mean that all software of this type should be installed on our servers.
            The fact that we have not provided a reason for not planning to install some software does not necessarily make our decision unreasonable.

Comment

Yeah, I've been looking for another reseller yesterday and I found one with PHP5 and Zend Optimizer, anyway Arthur, mail me if you want the skinny on it. "frustration AT oddcircle DOT com"

/Eddy

Comment

We have Zend...

PHP 4.3.10 (Zend: 1.3.0)

Comment

Originally posted by styme
                  We have Zend...

PHP 4.3.10 (Zend: 1.3.0)
                  Read up. It might NOT be permanent.
                  And my programs are optimised for php5. I don't know why they won't update, there's nothing wrong with PHP5 every php4 syntax works and you get new additions.

Comment

Arthur, I am aware of what I wrote approximately 3.5 months ago and what I wrote then reflected the position of our system administrators at the time. It seems that this position has changed and our system administrators have decided to give Zend Optimizer a chance. However, as I wrote in my first post in this thread, there has been no final decision on whether Zend Optimizer would stay on the servers or might be uninstalled in the future, so I do not advise you to rely on it for the time being. If the decision to adopt Zend Optimizer becomes official, it will be announced.

Comment

Oddcircle, I know for sure that at least 2 of other ISP's I'm working with are still using PHP 4 (4.4 and 4.3)

Comment

Next we need Zope!

But seriosly, I would love it if RSP would support python. I am currently planning on moving to anyther server because of this lack. We are starting to use http://www.djangoproject.com/ (a python frame work) for our web design clients.

I don't see how there could be soo many security probs with python with no way to fix them when so many hosts use it.

Comment

discondp, I know that python is popular among some web developers, but the decision what products are supported on our servers, as well as the security issues with this products are up to our system administrators and managers. I have already provided the response from our system administrators regarding python and their position on this has not change since first time you asked your question. I am sorry, but I cannot do anything about this.

Comment

ok, I'll stop asking.

Comment

I figured this thread would be the best one to post this in, as my question deals partly with Zend. Anyway, would a shared hosting account offer all of the following in the PHP environment?

1. Supports PHP versions 4.3.3 or later
                              2. Zend Optimizer versions 2.5.2 or later
                              3. Safe Mode must be Off (at least Local Value but better if both Local and Global values will be Off)
                              4. Register Globals must be On (at least Local Value but better if both Local and Global values will be On)

And does the MySQL version meet the criteria of version 3.23 or later (versions 4.0.21 or later recommended)?

Comment

Working...
                              X