Support staff gives RSP address to clients

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Stealthy One View Post
    ^^ Good point. Are they just giving a straight link, or is it our affiliate link?
    Whichever link it is, the link removes reseller anonymity.

Comment

Originally posted by maxa View Post
      Why not always return such a question to sales department? Technical support is techincal support, and sales run sales. That isn't strange.
      maxa, this is the general practice. However, as you have seen, there might be some occasional exceptions and these exceptions are mistakes on the part of the support team. This is why I have said that the only way to be absolutely certain that such mistake do not occur is if you provided technical support to your clients entirely on your own. However, to avoid such mistakes (or at least to significantly minimize the chance of their occurrence), Niko, the head technical supervisor of the support staff, has already issued a warning to the support team members to forward any inquiries from clients about dedicated servers to the reseller or to direct the client to use the contact us form on the reseller template (in case that the reseller uses a template-based reseller store, of course).

Originally posted by wjleong View Post
      How we know whether our clients sign up for a dedicated server?So how we notify you?
      wjleong, the typical way for a client to know about the dedicated server offers is when the client has been told about them by the reseller. In this case the reseller is naturally aware about it. In the case that maxa has quoted, the client has directly addressed the support staff about dedicated server offers and the support staff has made the mistake of replying directly to the client instead of forwarding the inquiry to the reseller (evidently by wrongly assuming that the reseller has already notified the client about the availability of dedicated server options). In this case, if the client decided to switch to a dedicated server, you could easily find this out through the support ticket and request that the reseller commission for the dedicated server to be credited to your account (if that was not done already, which is the more likely situation).

Comment

Originally posted by Milen View Post
        maxa, this is the general practice. However, as you have seen, there might be some occasional exceptions and these exceptions are mistakes on the part of the support team. This is why I have said that the only way to be absolutely certain that such mistake do not occur is if you provided technical support to your clients entirely on your own. However, to avoid such mistakes (or at least to significantly minimize the chance of their occurrence), Niko, the head technical supervisor of the support staff, has already issued a warning to the support team members to forward any inquiries from clients about dedicated servers to the reseller or to direct the client to use the contact us form on the reseller template (in case that the reseller uses a template-based reseller store, of course).
        Thank you. When you mention this, you remind me of one occation where support looked up the proper information for the client on my website (which is not in English) and forwarded the client there. The support team does amazing things sometimes, and probably more often than they do mistakes what do I know - I only spy on them occationally

Credit and respect to your work guys!

Comment

I just hope you are setting up the program for dedicated servers soon. I would really like to promote it soon. Sending people to the site they are on now does not work for me at all.

Everything else is great on my end but i agree support should never had sent the url they did.

Comment

Good work on this RSP. This is not an issue now.

Comment

Working...
            X