RSP WordPress Template and Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everybody,

Yes, RSP did it again. Thanks to you all!!
    I installed the template, and plugin, and its working fine. Looks good too....

Question, is it possible to use these wordpress templates on an existing store, or do I have to create a new one. These templates look better than the old store templates, and I want to use them. But how?

Once again, thanks RSP crew!!!!

Comment

Thank you!
      Yes you can use it with existing store without a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by dutchy View Post
        Question, is it possible to use these wordpress templates on an existing store, or do I have to create a new one. These templates look better than the old store templates, and I want to use them. But how?
        I'm a bit confused by your question. You need a Wordpress site installed (which currently requires a hosting account *hint hint RSP*). You also need the resellerplugin installed and you can choose one of the themes/templates. On installing the resellerpanel pluggin you will be asked for your store name and RSP password. This is to connect to the API. If all goes well the plugin will connect to the API and download all your plans and prices and start to display them on the WP website! Just like magic!

However, if you type in your store and password and nothing happens you have an issue with communicating with the API. This can be caused by the following

1) Your API isnt switched on - You need to visit your Resellers Control Panel and follow the instructions to have it switched on
        2) Your Outgoing Connection Manager in your hosting account is blocking the https connection to the API - You need to log into the account you are using to host the Wordpress site and add an exception to the Manager.

Or do you mean the old templates as used on duo servers?

Comment

Since those were the only templates we ever offered so far I would assume that is what he meant.
          @dutchy best to read the instructions on the templates/plugin they will let you know step by step as to what needs to be done.
          I am sorry but I automatically assumed you have read them already.

And yes you would need a hosting account

Comment

Hi there,

Thank you all for the fast response.
            To answer the questions asked, yes I have a hosting account whit RSP.
            And yes, I installed wordpress, one of the templates, and the resellers plugin.
            Everything is working fine. No problem at all.
            And yes I've read the install guide, otherwise I wouldn't have it working :-)
            The install guide is very clear!!
            I can see all my plans, etc.
            My question however is, how can I reach the wordpress version? I mean, if do www.myhostingcompany.com, I still get the original website(the old one), instead of the wordpress powered website. I installed wordpress in a subdomain.
            When I do subdomain.mydomain.com, I get the the wordpress website, no problem.
            What I want to do, is to use myhostingcompany.com to point to the subdomain.

Hmm, as clear as mud? I hope not :-)

Sorry for my bad english...

Take care you all!

Dutchy

Comment

Yes Its crystal clear now.

As much as I gathered you want your reseller domain name that one you have been using so far with the old templates to work with the wordpress site.

You will have to:
              1. Open a support ticket ask our technicians to move the domain name from your resellers account to the hosting account, change name servers and host it in there as well.
              2. Point the domain name to the folder where you installed the wordpress. Or simply install the wordpress from scratch on the domain (it will be much easier if you haven't done any modifications to the template or content yet).

Comment

Originally posted by yav0r View Post
                You will have to:
                1. Open a support ticket ask our technicians to move the domain name from your resellers account to the hosting account, change name servers and host it in there as well.
                2. Point the domain name to the folder where you installed the wordpress. Or simply install the wordpress from scratch on the domain (it will be much easier if you haven't done any modifications to the template or content yet).
                Thanks for reply Yav0r,

I will give it a try...

If I do this, will this change my private dns cluster? I mean, now it is:

ns1.mycompany.com
                ns2.mycompany.com

Will this be changed to:

ns1.subdomain.otherdomain.com
                ns2.subdomain.otherdomain.com

Other question,

when I call the wordpress website, it's loading very slow. Is this normal behavior?

Thanks Yav0r, take care!

Dutchy

Comment

Hello,

If you have a cluster you can simply add the domain name in your hosting account with the option "Don't manage DNS for this domain name" and edit the A record for the domain name within your resellers control panel. The A record you need can be found in your hosting control panel within the Hosted domains section under "default route".

DNS servers will remain as they are nothing will change in that respect.

If a wordpress is working slow I always recommend optimizing it. See this thing here it will help you a lot! http://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_Optimization

Comment

Originally posted by yav0r View Post
                    If a wordpress is working slow I always recommend optimizing it. See this thing here it will help you a lot! http://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_Optimization
                    Hi Yav0r,

That's odd, because I have several wordpress websites running, but they load the 'normal' way.
                    There is not much traffic on the new hosting website that I want to use for my store.
                    But anyway, I will try everything, and hope for the best.

Thanks again for all the useful information!!!

Dutchy

Comment

The templates themselves are quite heavy I can't argue with that. We will be updating those on regular basis and improve the load time hopefully but for now you will have to optimize (which is never a bad thing anyway ).

Comment

The WP plug-in seems to generate a lot of SQL queries while pulling information from the database, like plan descriptions, prices and content. To be honest there is little need for this as the data being pulled shouldn’t change once your site is up and running.

You could try installing a cache, which would serve the more 'static' pages quicker. Have you tried something like W3 Total Cache (http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/w3-total-cache/) I would think you would see a marked improvement with something like this.

Comment

Originally posted by clivejo View Post
                          The WP plug-in seems to generate a lot of SQL queries while pulling information from the database, like plan descriptions, prices and content. To be honest there is little need for this as the data being pulled shouldn’t change once your site is up and running.

You could try installing a cache, which would serve the more 'static' pages quicker. Have you tried something like W3 Total Cache (http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/w3-total-cache/) I would think you would see a marked improvement with something like this.
                          Thanks for info Clivejo,

I will give it a try, and keep you all informed about my progress.

Dutchy

Comment

Hello.

I can also suggest: WP-Optimize

Get caching and more with this powerful cache plugin. Cache, optimize images, clean your database and minify for maximum performance.

It is really simple, but really powerful plugin that can:

- Remove all Post revisions
                            - Remove all auto draft posts
                            - Clean marked Spam comments
                            - Clean Unapproved comments
                            - Optimize database tables

in one click.

Best Regards,
                            Tom Alexander.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Alexander View Post
                              Hello.

I can also suggest: WP-Optimize

Get caching and more with this powerful cache plugin. Cache, optimize images, clean your database and minify for maximum performance.

It is really simple, but really powerful plugin that can:

- Remove all Post revisions
                              - Remove all auto draft posts
                              - Clean marked Spam comments
                              - Clean Unapproved comments
                              - Optimize database tables

in one click.

Best Regards,
                              Tom Alexander.

Wow,

Thanks for the link Tom,

I will sure try this out.

Regards,

Dutchy

Comment

Originally posted by hawk200282 View Post
                                How do I get rid of this. I could look around a bit more, but figured it'd be faster asking here.

Rather than having to edit the .php file - you can change any of the three menus in the footer by creating a new menu for each, in the 'Appearance > Menu section of your WP admin area.

You can then add/remove any pages you want, at anytime easily - even the menu header.

Comment

Working...
                                X