X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice tip there !!

Comment

My two cents

I think the wordpress templates and plugin are fantastic!

from installation start to a live site is fairly easy, even on a smartphone as i did

On the top banner plan advertisement in the aura template changed the plan from business to starter with reasonable ease.

One question, in the right sidebar the is space allocated for hosting publications (news) am I somehow missing a widget to post there or is this a future function?

One for the wishlist
      Alot of effort has gone into this project to give us easy to setup seo custom websites and i'm not crazy about how the reseller hosting link is setup with just an affiliate link to rsp's site. Can't the content be imported to the wordpress templates themselves like the rest of the content? I am one of those that don't mind advertising the afilliate function money is money

Other than my wish so far I am totally happy with these templates and would like to thank rsp for their efforts to give us something that looks this nice and professional!

Comment

Originally posted by doneritehosting View Post
        I think the wordpress templates and plugin are fantastic!

Can't the content be imported to the wordpress templates themselves like the rest of the content? I am one of those that don't mind advertising the afilliate function money is money

Other than my wish so far I am totally happy with these templates and would like to thank rsp for their efforts to give us something that looks this nice and professional!
        I totaly agree with you donerite.

Very nice templates. RSP did it again. Right now I'm playing a bit with the templates.

Installing was easy, the only thing I have to do, is to point it to my new website.

Very nice indeed, thank you RSP!!!!!

Dutchy

Comment

Originally posted by clivejo View Post
          The WP plug-in seems to generate a lot of SQL queries while pulling information from the database, like plan descriptions, prices and content. To be honest there is little need for this as the data being pulled shouldn’t change once your site is up and running.

You could try installing a cache, which would serve the more 'static' pages quicker. Have you tried something like W3 Total Cache (http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/w3-total-cache/) I would think you would see a marked improvement with something like this.
          Hi clivejo,

I installed the plugin, and there is a major improvement in loading my website.

Thanks for the information....

Dutchy

Comment

dutchy,
            have you figured out how to use hosting publications yet?
            Last edited by doneritehosting; 18-11-2012, 05:06 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Good read from rsp blog however i noticed it right off the get go. new rsp wordpress sites not getting listed in search engines and how to fix the issue

As of recently, new WordPress websites are blocking search engines by default. Learn how to stop this in our latest blog post.

this will help someone and a link should have been posted here in the forum as well.
              Last edited by doneritehosting; 18-11-2012, 08:29 PM. Reason: more detailed info

Comment

Nice one dutchy. Did you try the plug-in Tom mentioned (WP-Optimize)?

It might give you a bit more of an increase by optimising the tables and database, for generating the dynamic content.

Keep the tips coming!! Learning lots from this thread!

*** EDIT : RE the latest WP and restricted robots.txt, It might be a good idea to add that as a sticky post on the forum. Maybe Yan will pick that up.
                Last edited by clivejo; 18-11-2012, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Hi Guys,

A good WP plugin to use is 'Widget Shortcode' for adding widget content anywhere on a page - but especially for adding it to the right hand side column of your index page, which is not a sidebar. [normally used to place widgets] I added my Latest News [Recent Posts] to my home page that way.

If anyone else knows of any other good plugins specific to our WP Themes - please post them.

Good luck.

Comment

dutchy,
                    have you figured out how to use hosting publications yet?
                    Hi donerite,

nope, no luck yet. Maybe RSP can answer this one?

Dutchy

Comment

Nice one dutchy. Did you try the plug-in Tom mentioned (WP-Optimize)?

It might give you a bit more of an increase by optimising the tables and database, for generating the dynamic content.

Keep the tips coming!! Learning lots from this thread!

*** EDIT : RE the latest WP and restricted robots.txt, It might be a good idea to add that as a sticky post on the forum. Maybe Yan will pick that up.
                      Hi clivejo,

Yes I did install the plugin, and I'm playing with it right now. It looks very nice.
                      I'm trying to understand what everything means. I've read the doc's, and it looks promissing. I will sure use this one!

Thanks for info,

Dutchy

Comment

Has anyone came across where the plug-in stores its 'cached' store data? I cant find it in the database, so I assume it must be on disk somewhere?

Comment

Originally posted by index.html View Post
                          Hi Guys,

A good WP plugin to use is 'Widget Shortcode' for adding widget content anywhere on a page - but especially for adding it to the right hand side column of your index page, which is not a sidebar. [normally used to place widgets] I added my Latest News [Recent Posts] to my home page that way.

If anyone else knows of any other good plugins specific to our WP Themes - please post them.

Good luck.

well i use google xml sitemaps the plugin generates a sitemap and submits it to google and bing on the fly everytime you update your blog or you can do it manually

also i use wassup live traffic stats great for knowing whats going on with your blog.

both are free and run natively in the dashboard

any suggestions for a good news plugin for hosting news is definately welcome on this end index

Comment

Has anyone came across where the plug-in stores its 'cached' store data? I cant find it in the database, so I assume it must be on disk somewhere?
                            nope ill dig in more tonite though

Comment

well i use google xml sitemaps the plugin generates a sitemap and submits it to google and bing on the fly everytime you update your blog or you can do it manually

also i use wassup live traffic stats great for knowing whats going on with your blog.

both are free and run natively in the dashboard

any suggestions for a good news plugin for hosting news is definately welcome on this end index
                              Hi Donerite,

Yes, I too use the Google xml sitemap plugin.

I use my blog page as a News page linked off the main menu and then a 'Wiget Shortcodes' to feature the Recent Posts widget in the right column, which I Head - 'Latest News.

Hope that helps.

Comment

thanks for the reply index. when you say blog page do you mean that you are using one of the static pages you have modified for this purpose or are you publishing articals like normal and then linking to them off the static home page?

Comment

Working...
                                X