Warning: Undefined array key "birthday_search" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "joindate" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in .../vb5/route/profile.php on line 74 Need help: Why don't I have any sales??? - ResellersPanel Discussion

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help: Why don't I have any sales???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you really don't like Resellerspanel then why are you still here? The thing you keep forgetting to realize everytime you post is the fact that resellerspanel is doing allll this for the price of FREE. (Just a thought)

Oh and take off that "Reseller Link" off your site. That tells people that you are a reseller. they will look at the link, click it and just realize whats the point of buying through you.

Lastly, as you can see on my site. The members who get the most sales are the ones who "make" their own sites. ALthough the templates are good, you cant just rely on vistors.
    Last edited by Guest; 12-10-2006, 06:16 PM.

Comment

emega, I think that you are not trying to understand what more experienced forum members are saying.

Originally posted by emega
      I am easily receiving over 1,000 unique visitors per month, yet I have 0 sales and affiliates.
      The fact is that 1,000 unique visitors per month is not much at all. As I have pointed out in my previous post this many visitors could perhaps bring you a couple of sales per month, but it all depends on how targeted this traffic actually is.

Think about it: I am using a neat looking template and logo, and a very uniqe, short, catchy, and brandable domain in my store front. All of this is combined with very cheap pricing (for resellerspanel standards), yet nothing in return.
      What exactly is the method or formula that you use to measure the brand awareness for your domain?

[B][U]I beleive that the problem is that resellerspanel outsources their phone support and does not offer good pricing. They offer very little disk space and bandwith to their resellers- and high prices. If they want to charge a premium then at the very least they need to offer premium support.
      We do not outsource our phone support. The Bulgarian office of Resellers Panel handles the phone support as well as all sales and technical support. Since this office is an essential part of the company I cannot agree that this is outsourcing, at least from the company’s perspective.

As for pricing, disk space and bandwidth I could not agree less with you. Our pricing is among the lowest in the field, while the disk space and bandwidth that we offer are among the most generous offers available on the Internet. If you can point me out to a reseller program that offers better conditions I would be very interested to check it out. Let’s not forget that aside from the marketing expenses and perhaps the domain registration fee, our reseller program is completely free for the resellers that choose to use the reseller templates. The vast majority of reseller programs on the Internet charge a substantial amount for the opportunity to use resources that we offer for free.

I do not agree with your statement about the support either. While there is nothing “premium” about our prices, the quality of support that we offer, while not always perfect, typically surpasses the support quality that you can get from most of the biggest players in the web hosing business. We are also among the very few players in the reseller hosting industry that offer reseller and end-customer support over so many media. Let us not confuse support with marketing and other value added services. Here is a short list of what we offer:

- free reseller accounts;
      - free server set-up;
      - free server administration;
      - free server monitoring;
      - free account creation;
      - free billing;
      - free order processing;
      - free fraudulent order check up and prevention;
      - free pre-sales and sales support;
      - free technical support for our resellers;
      - free technical support for the customers of our resellers;
      - free support over e-mail, phone, ticketing system, Live Chat and forum;
      - free hosting of reseller domains;
      - free reseller e-mail accounts;
      - free reseller templates;
      - free custom hosting plan builder;
      - free remote templates;
      - free reseller API;
      - etc.

From our resellers we expect only the following three things and we are not pressing anyone to do them:
      - marketing;
      - advertising;
      - sales.

Perhaps, you should reconsider what exactly are you doing to achieve your goals with this program?

Of course, if you can find a reseller program that offers more at a better price, you are more than welcome to use it. However, please, do not forget what other forum members have pointed out - the web hosting market is very tough and certainly is not a place for every one.

Comment

Compare ixwebhosting's support and prices to yours. They have American speaking rep's and offer more disk space and bandwith for a lower price.

The truth is, that there are not many free reseller programs out there.

I am proving that I would be making more money off of cashparking than off resellerspanel.

Some cashparking programs pay money per impression. i.e. 4 cents for 10 impressions, and then you get payed for clicks on top of that.

Clearly I would be breaking $10 a month off of cashparking.

My domain is premium. You can even see that the .net .org and .info extensions of my domain are taken as well. Another Web hosting company eMegaWeb also exists.

I agree with you though, that the Web hosting market is very tough for new players in the game, which is why your program may have been good in the past, but now it simply is not competetive enough to enable new resellers like me to earn money.

Advertising locally is not a good comeback either. If you cannot make money off internet marketing, than the program is not worth it.

Years ago when the market was not so tough, it was a very different story. This is why your old and succussful resellers will likely remain succusful, old clients rarely leave.

I would not even consider taking off my "reseller store" link.
        Again having affiliates is part of the resellerspanel program, now you are conradicting yourself, telling me to take it off.
        Last edited by Milen; 16-10-2006, 09:23 PM.

Comment

I would not even consider taking off my "reseller store" link.
          Again having affiliates is part of the resellerspanel program, now you are conradicting yourself, telling me to take it off.
          You should really reconsider.
          The fact is, anyone looking for a good deal on hosting, will look at that reseller link, and they will also see it is FREE and that by joining it will allow them to pay at wholesale prices. Then here's the sad part, they will most likely remove your reseller id and signup without a referer. So you see, you end up with nothing.
          If you want to build up referrals, send people directly to your refer link or build a separate site to find resellers.
          The business of selling hosting services and the resellers refferal model are two diffent things.
          You should keep them separate.

Comment

No it would be saved in their cache.

Comment

Compare ixwebhosting's support and prices to yours. They have American speaking rep's and offer more disk space and bandwith for a lower price.
              As far as I can see ixwebhosting offers a web hosting and an affiliate program, not a reseller program. At the prices they have set (100GB of disk space and 1000GB of bandwidth for $3.95 a month) their servers and bandwidth must be oversold beyond any reasonable limits! I would not like to be a customer of theirs on such a server by any means!

I am proving that I would be making more money off of cashparking than off resellerspanel.
              Some cashparking programs pay money per impression. i.e. 4 cents for 10 impressions, and then you get payed for clicks on top of that.
              Clearly I would be breaking $10 a month off of cashparking.
              I admit that I do not know anything about cashparking, but if it as profitable as you say there is no reason why you should not use this opportunity as well.

My domain is premium. You can even see that the .net .org and .info extensions of my domain are taken as well. Another Web hosting company eMegaWeb also exists.
              There is no such concept as “premium” domain (unless you are talking about really big Internet brands like Google, Yahoo! or MSN, of course). The fact that other extensions of your domain have been registered is not a positive one in a mid or a long term online marketing strategy as well, unless of course you are relying on web surfer mistakes to drive traffic to your site, which is not a very good idea at all. It is true that mistyped domain extensions can bring traffic to your site, especially if the alternative extensions of your domain belong to popular sites, but this traffic would be misguided and completely untargeted, i.e. visitors will leave your site as soon as they realize that they have gotten to the wrong place on the net. The same thing is valid for the web hosting company with the similar name that you have mentioned. The name similarity might bring some misguided and untargeted traffic to your site, but visitors that realize that they have gotten to the wrong place will not buy from your site either. Such a strategy will not help you promote the brand awareness for your site in anyway.
              So, in short, if you are relying only on misguided and untargeted traffic to your site to generate sales, you should not be surprised that you have not made any progress so far.

Comment

You definitely are not getting the message.

Most Web hosting clients don't use the majority of the disk space and bandwidth that they have available, (they just like to know they have). I am a customer of ixwebhosting and I can tell you from first hand experience that they do not oversell their servers at all.

You cannot use resellerspanel and cashparking at the same time, I would need to change my nameservers on my domain.

You comment on premium domains is very incorrect. consumers.com for $100,000, VIP.com sold for 1.4 million Business.com sold for 7.5 million, ***.com for 14 million. Unique or premium domains are in fact valuable. Check this out- http://www.xbiz.com/news_piece.php?id=12847
                and this:

and this:

Domains are in fact valuable similiar to realestate.

I do not receive misguided or untargeted traffic. My Web hosting site is not a mispelling of another site.

You clearly do not know much about domain names.
                One company BuyDomains.com sells domains for their entire business. They recently purchased the domain primerate.com for $110,000

Premium domains increase brand awareness. They do not decrease it!

I was recently offered $3,000 for my domain name eMega.com from an engineering corporation with the name "eMega."
                Last edited by Milen; 16-10-2006, 09:24 PM.

Comment

As my fellow member said, what stops people from signing up as a reseller from your link and purchasing hosting at lower prices from there own store? Sure you get affiliates, but affiliates is not worth it over the customer. I have 30 affiliates and only a very few makes sales. And if they do I only get 10% of the "profit" they make. Which is not noticable. For a few tips of advice, take off the reseller link, and consider that your getting this service for free. That other site you were saying, do they provide you a full control panel with DNS services? do they provide you with all the access to your customers CP, all prices and to make your own plans! All for the price of uh Zero!

Comment

Good, I'm happy if I have an affiliate and not a customer. At this point I neither.

Comment

You definitely are not getting the message.
                      I can assure you that I have carefully read and understood all of your posts. I am not sure about the contrary, however, which seems to make this conversation somewhat one-sided and pointless.

Most Web hosting clients don't use the majority of the disk space and bandwidth that they have available, (they just like to know they have).
                      Yes, certainly this is true. This is why the majority of web hosts are selling more disk space then they actually have on their servers and more bandwidth that they actually have purchased. This is the whole idea of overselling. Overselling is not a bad thing by itself, but can be very dangerous for a web hosting provider unless it is carefully controlled. Do you have any idea what happens when more then the expected number of customers try to use all of the resources that are provided with their account? I know for certain what will happen in this case, and I can assure that it will be rather nasty for both the provider and the customers.

I am a customer of ixwebhosting and I can tell you from first hand experience that they do not oversell their servers at all.
                      You may well be a customer of ixwebhosting, still you cannot be further from the truth, if you think that they are not overselling beyond any even remotely reasonable limits! I will give you just a simple example to illustrate this. Currently the price of disk space is about $0.60-$0.80USD per GB for PC hard drives (the price for web server hard drives is several times higher!). Now, even assuming that ixwebhosting uses ordinary PC hard drives, the price of the plans they are advertising cannot even cover the price of disk space they would need, if they were not overselling (100GBx$0.60USD=$60USD per customer on the cheapest plan, the price of which is $47.40 per year. As you see it falls short by some $12.60 per customer, only for the disk space they would need, in case that they were not overselling and had enough space to cover 100% of what they advertise). Hence they are overselling and overselling immensely! I pretty am sure that you have not even tried to use anything even close to the disk space advertised with your account, just to test what will happen! I also have a very good idea about the price of 1000GB (1TB) of bandwidth per month and can assure that it does not fall anywhere even remotely close to the monthly plan prices advertised by ixwebhosting!

You cannot use resellerspanel and cashparking at the same time, I would need to change my nameservers on my domain.
                      I realize this perfectly. So, perhaps you need to make a choice what would be more profitable for you.

You comment on premium domains is very incorrect. consumers.com for $100,000, VIP.com sold for 1.4 million Business.com sold for 7.5 million, ***.com for 14 million. Unique or premium domains are in fact valuable.
                      I have been in the web hosting and the domain registration business for three years, so I dare to say that I know a thing or two about domain names. I am perfectly aware that some domains have sold for millions of dollars in the history of the Internet; you do not need to illustrate this with examples for me. I am also perfectly aware that the prices for which these particular domains have sold are nowhere near the average value of an ordinary domain. What I am afraid that you do not realize that for nearly all such sales, there was either a highly-popular website, unique and extremely valuable content, extensive customer base or incredible brand awareness behind the sold domains (which cannot be said about your domain). Cases when domains have sold for millions without at least one of the above mentioned additional assets have happened only once in a million to ten million times in the history of the Internet. All domains (including the domain extension, of course) are unique (the very concept of domain name registration does allow otherwise), but extremely few domains are “premium” (or at least what you seem to understand under this concept), and I am afraid that there is nothing that exceptional about your domain.

I do not receive misguided or untargeted traffic. My Web hosting site is not a mispelling of another site.
                      In this case, the fact that domains like yours, but with different domain extensions have been registered by other Internet users as well as the fact that there is already another web hosting company with a similar name are of absolutely NO importance for increasing the brand awareness for your domain.

You clearly do not know much about domain names.
                      One company BuyDomains.com sells domains for their entire business. They recently purchased the domain primerate.com for $110,000
                      I would not like to repeat myself, please check up a few paragraphs above.

Premium domains increase brand awareness. They do not decrease it!
                      I am afraid that you are putting the horse behind the carriage. Typically domains get popular, because a brand gets popular and not vice versa (of course there can be a few exceptions to this general rule). The cases when a domain and the brand of an online business are the same (like Google and Yahoo!) are another matter, but then again this is valid only for the top market players and in their cases it is very hard to point out whether the brand gets more popular, because the domain gets more popular or vice versa. However, microsoft.com and windows.com are popular, because the company and the product behind them are popular, not the other way around.

I was recently offered $3,000 for my domain name eMega.com from an engineering corporation with the name "eMega."
                      Then perhaps you should strongly consider this offer, if it still stands. I am sure that you realize that the $3,000 are not even remotely close to the hundreds of thousands and the millions of dollars that you have quoted in the above examples, but they seem a very good price for a domain like yours and I sincerely doubt that you would get a better proposal for this domain any time soon.

Comment

and yea template 16 can use any logo. yours would fit just fine if you knew anthing about html you and div it to the left. my site is a good example of using the html versus the logo upload.

Load-balanced, ZFS-based cloud hosting services featuring a firewall app designed to stop hack/brute-force attacks on your sites. Packages start at $5.25/mo.

Comment

You miss my point. My logo is not a banner.

I do not need to argue with you weather my domain is premium or not. There are obviously different levels. All I was saying is that the fact that different extensions of my domain are taken is a sign of value and rareness.

IXWEBHOSTING has great up time, I have been with them for 3 years so I would know.

I did not accept the offer because I wanted to keep this domain name- besides at this point, the traffic this domain receives is worth more than $3,000.

Thank you.

Milen: can I please see your reseller account?
                          Last edited by Milen; 16-10-2006, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Milen is an employee of resellerspanel.

Comment

All I was saying is that the fact that different extensions of my domain are taken is a sign of value and rareness.
                              I disagree with you. I do not consider the fact that the alternative extensions of a domain have been registered as well to be an immediate sign of value and rareness, but I will not continue to argue with you over the matter. You are entitled to an opinion of your own, of course.

IXWEBHOSTING has great up time, I have been with them for 3 years so I would know.
                              I cannot say whether ixwebhosting has a great uptime or not. I have never used their services. However, whatever great their uptime may be, it has nothing to do with the fact that they are overselling their services beyond any reasonable limits and I would not like to be a customer of a company that does this so blatantly.

I did not accept the offer because I wanted to keep this domain name- besides at this point, the traffic this domain receives is worth more than $3,000.
                              I think that you are wrong about not accepting the offer for your domain name. You say that you get 30-70 unique visitors to your domain per day and do not have a sale yet, i.e. you are not making any money from web hosting services and say that your domain would be worth about $10USD or so per month in cashparking, yet you have not accepted an offer for your domain that would bring the revenue that you could potentially make from cashparking in 25 years or so. Still you claim that the traffic that your domain generates (which has not earned you a cent so far, if I have understood correctly) is worth more than the $3,000 you have been offered for the domain. I think that this is a clear contradiction in terms, but I will not continue arguing about this with you either. As I have already said, you are entitled to an opinion of your own, of course.

In case that you have not understood yet, I am an employee of LiquidNet Ltd. (the company that owns the Resellers Panel brand) and I was referring to my work with the company when talking about my experience in the web hosting business. While I do not consider myself an expert by any means, I do not think that my background in this field is negligible either.
                              I do have a reseller account, but it would be of no use to you since the account is used only for testing purposes and does not have any client accounts under it, other then my own web hosting account, which is used for testing purposes as well. My reseller account does not even have a domain name added to it, but if you insist to have a look at my reseller URL, send me a PM and I will give you my reseller store link, although there is nothing that could be of interest for you there. I am using template #16 (and other templates for testing purposes, occasionally), I have not added a logo to the template and the template has no “special” features, other then the ones you have access to as well, if you choose to use this template for your reseller store.

P.S. There is an Edit button bellow the forum posts. Please, use this button to add additional information to your posts when no other forum member has posted in the same thread. Consecutive posts by the same forum member in the same thread are considered to be poor forum etiquette in most of the online forums and could be annoying to some of the other forum members. I really hate it when I need to take a very strict attitude to my responsibilities as a forum moderator and moderate user posts unnecessary and avoid this whenever I can, but I also strive to keep the forum as tidy as possible. Please, do not make me take unnecessary and easily avoidable forum moderation actions.

Comment

Not only is he an employee but I highly doubt any RSP member would give you access to their control panels. If you want a view, signup. If your here to just post rants on how much RSP sucks, then leave.

Comment

Working...
                                X