Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help: Why don't I have any sales???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm no mathematician or an accountant but this is how I interpret your calculations.

10 dollars a month=$120 a year
    10 dollars a month is $120 per year.

$120 a yearX10(10% interest rate)=$1200
    Intrest rate for what?
    Not sure what you done here?
    $120 + 10% =
    $120 + $12 = $132

1200X2=$2400 (5% interest rate per year is higher than the bank)
    Now I'm realy lost, what's with the extra 5%?
    We'll add it on any way.
    $132 + 5% =
    $132 + $6.60 = $138.60

So to sum this all up.

I was recently offered $3,000 for my domain name eMega.com
    $3000 - $138.60 = TAKE THE OFFER

At you yearly income from the site (with your 15% added) it will take over 21 years to make as much as it would for you just to say yes.

Lets not forget over the 21.6 years, we have to include domain renewal and hosing costs.

Comment

Originally posted by coyouth
      So, what does page rank is supposed to tell you?
      PageRank is a term introduced by Google (in fact it is named after one of Google founders Larry Page) to measure the value or importance of a webpage. PageRank is based on the assumption that the more websites link back to a webpage, the higher the value of this webpage. However, PageRank is not based only on the sheer volume of links to a certain webpage. It also takes into account the importance of each website that links back to the webpage in question. In other words the more webpages with a higher PageRank link to your webpage, the higher the PageRank of your webpage. PageRank is also one of the factors used by the Google search engine when determining the order in which results of a web search are listed. Typically, the higher the PageRank of a web page the higher its listing among search results, although there is a number of other factors that influence web search results listing order. Unfortunately, the exact formula used to calculate the PageRank of a webpage is a trade secret carefully guarded by Google. In addition to checking the PageRank of a web page through checkpagerank.com, you can also download and install Google Toolbar, a web browser plug-in available for both Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox that includes a PageRank indicator among its other functions.
      More information regarding PageRank is available here.

Comment

If you have $2,400, and this money is earning an annual interest rate of 5% per year then you are earning $10 dollars worth of interest per month.

I was smart that I rejected the offer. Unfortunately this is not a domainer forum so you people would not know. This is the reason why I am giving you a concrete example of this domain's value based solely on the traffic it receives.

I do not appreciate the insulting remarks either.
        Thank you.

Originally posted by Milen
        PageRank is a term introduced by Google (in fact it is named after one of Google founders Larry Page) to measure the value or importance of a webpage. PageRank is based on the assumption that the more websites link back to a webpage, the higher the value of this webpage. However, PageRank is not based only on the sheer volume of links to a certain webpage. It also takes into account the importance of each website that links back to the webpage in question. In other words the more webpages with a higher PageRank link to your webpage, the higher the PageRank of your webpage. PageRank is also one of the factors used by the Google search engine when determining the order in which results of a web search are listed. Typically, the higher the PageRank of a web page the higher its listing among search results, although there is a number of other factors that influence web search results listing order. Unfortunately, the exact formula used to calculate the PageRank of a webpage is a trade secret carefully guarded by Google. In addition to checking the PageRank of a web page through checkpagerank.com, you can also download and install Google Toolbar, a web browser plug-in available for both Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox that includes a PageRank indicator among its other functions.
        More information regarding PageRank is available here.
        Exactly Milen: I mentioned previously that page rank is based on the number of "high authority" links pointing at your url.

Milen, that was truly an excellent explanation of pagerank.

Nicely done!
        Last edited by Milen; 16-10-2006, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by emega
          If you have $2,400, and is earning an annual interest rate of 5% per year then you are earning $10 dollars worth of interest per month.

I was smart that I rejected the offer. Unfortunately this is not a domainer forum so you people would not know. This is the reason why I am giving you a concrete example of this domain's value based solely on the traffic it receives.

I do not appreciate the insulting remarks either.
          Thank you.
          NOt only does your calculations make no sense at all but you are naive and you just are plain sutbborn. Goto school dude, learn a concept called mathematics.

By the way, where did you get the 2,400 number? I thought it was 3,000. I'm starting to think this guy is a fraud. He's probably making up this whole "offer he rejected" thing just to get some attention he never got as a child.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel
            NOt only does your calculations make no sense at all but you are naive and you just are plain sutbborn. Goto school dude, learn a concept called mathematics.

By the way, where did you get the 2,400 number? I thought it was 3,000. I'm starting to think this guy is a fraud. He's probably making up this whole "offer he rejected" thing just to get some attention he never got as a child.
            The $2,400 was if it was earning 10 dollars a month.
            I said it was earning $10-$15 a month. This is why the traffic is worth more than $3,000

Further more I beleive that my domain would be worth good money even if it had 0 traffic since it is a very brandable domain.

The offer is still valid, and the ceo of the engineering corporation even told me that if I would ever be willing to sell it for $3,000 I should contact him back.

As I stated previously: I do not wish to sell this domain for $3,000, and I have good reason for saying so.

The fact that various other extensions of my domain is not the reason why it is valuable, nor is it an immediate and definite sign proving that it is valuable, it was merely and example. Premium domains tend to have many extensions taken while non-valuable domains tend to have all the extensions of available for registration- because if the domain was in fact valuable then the extensions would not be available for registration.

Please stop trying to bash me and insult me.
            I appoligize if you miss my points however, all you need to do is ask me to re-explain my points and I will be more than happy to do so. I am not looking to pick a fight with anyone here at the forum, so please respect my wish.

Thank you.
            Last edited by emega; 13-10-2006, 08:15 PM.

Comment

I am not looking to pick a fight with anyone here at the forum, so please respect my wish.
              You are not here to pick a fight? YOur the one who started bashing resellerspanel after only 1 month of use. Not only are you bashing Resellerspanel, but your bashing them in their own forums. I still do not understand what you are trying to accomplish? Do you want RSP to start charging you or something? Remember this is all free. If you hate the RSP service so much, or are making profits elsewhere, then leave. WHy are you still posting the same thing over and over again? Obviously we're happy and we are making desent profits, otherwise we wouldnt be here.
              Last edited by Milen; 13-10-2006, 08:21 PM.

Comment

If the name of that company which is offering to buy your domain is exactly the same as your domain name, you should sell it. They can just pay a lawyer about $1000.00 and use "domain squatting" and "improper use of registered name/trademark", to force you to give it up at the price you paid for it.

Comment

A) the company is not that big/rich.
                  B) they would not be able to get the name just because the name of their company is eMega inc., it does not work that way. I am assuming you never hear d of the coby.com case: where coby inc. (the electronics giant) hired lawyers and tried to fight for the rights of the coby.com domain in court... and coby inc. lost the case.

There is a big difference between infringing on a TM and this kind of situation.

You are not here to pick a fight? YOur the one who started bashing resellerspanel after only 1 month of use. Not only are you bashing Resellerspanel, but your bashing them in their own forums. I still do not understand what you are trying to accomplish? Do you want RSP to start charging you or something? Remember this is all free. If you hate the RSP service so much, or are making profits elsewhere, then leave. WHy are you still posting the same thing over and over again? Obviously we're happy and we are making desent profits, otherwise we wouldnt be here.
                  Please stop the fighting, and I agree that the program is a good program.
                  Last edited by Milen; 16-10-2006, 09:29 PM.

Comment

A) the company is not that big/rich.

I don't understand? So they're not rich enough to pay $1000 for lawyers but are rich enough to offer you $3000?

Comment

I don't understand? So they're not rich enough to pay $1000 for lawyers but are rich enough to offer you $3000?
                      My mistake (I misread it and I thought he said 100,000 for lawyers)

Follow point B as that is my main point anyways.

Comment

Dude, how old are you? I bet you're 12 years old, sitting in a bedroom in some suburban neighborhood, thinking you're the next Bill Gates or something. Dude, dream on.

Comment

Frankly speaking, it's really good that RSP's staff is allowed to discuss issues such as the ones brought up by emega. Of course there should be a limit to all these (sensitive discussions) things but it's good that there is in the first place. It's one of the ways a company progresses when they have transparency and they value feedback and take criticisms with a clear mind. All of the replies I've seen given from the part of RSP have been done professionally. They did not reply with too much emotional ruckus. Anyway, thanks to emega for bringing up something like that. I personally learn some things amidst the ‘controversy’. Emega, if you got the answer to your questions, just end it there. No point arguing further because everyone has different views on things.

Comment

Originally posted by Linux PHP Host
                            Dude, how old are you? I bet you're 12 years old, sitting in a bedroom in some suburban neighborhood, thinking you're the next Bill Gates or something. Dude, dream on.
                            OK, I am deciding to leave the forum for some time. Comments like these truly do ruin the flow of things.

I wish you all the best of luck with your reseller accounts.

Take care everyone.
                            Peace.

P.S. Today my Web site, eMega.com, received 90 unique visitors- my traffic has definitely been increasing lately.
                            Last edited by emega; 14-10-2006, 02:58 AM.

Comment

Finally you leave. Take you and your naive thoughts with you. Come back when you realize how fortunate you are to have such a reseller service for FREE!!!

Comment

P.S. Today my Web site, eMega.com, received 90 unique visitors- my traffic has definitely been increasing lately.
                                With no sales.

You get these kind of comments because you come in asking for help, yet whenever somebody tries to help you, you start arguing with you. Anybody who asks for help, and then argues with people trying to help you, then (whether you are a 12 year old or not) you are certainly acting like one.

Comment

Working...
                                X