Warning: Undefined array key "birthday_search" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "joindate" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in .../vb5/route/profile.php on line 74 Need help: Why don't I have any sales??? - ResellersPanel Discussion

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help: Why don't I have any sales???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10 dollars a month=$120 a year
    $120 a yearX10(10% interest rate)=$1200
    1200X2=$2400 (5% interest rate per year is higher than the bank)

So therefor just based on cashparking the domain is worth $2400 but I said that it is worth 10-15 a month which is why it makes sence that I did not accept the offer.

Brandabilty is another factor, and because I feel(my opinion) that this domain name is very brandable I rejected the offer.

You are entitled to you own opinion on the manner.
    Thank you.

I disagree with you. I do not consider the fact that the alternative extensions of a domain have been registered as well to be an immediate sign of value and rareness, but I will not continue to argue with you over the matter. You are entitled to an opinion of your own, of course.

I never said that it was a direct or immediate cause, I said that it was perhaps a "sign" of some value or rarity. There are many "eMega" names that are taken i.e. eMega(keyword) for example eMega(Web).com is taken and many more, and this is a sign of rareness as well.
    Last edited by emega; 13-10-2006, 12:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by emega
      You miss my point. My logo is not a banner.
      You Obviously didn't look at my site because my logo is not a banner either.

Also the local advertising works. I call up small businesses and tell them what I have to offer, they either accept or decline but I get sales that way then they refer to others its called "word of mouth."

You are pointlessly arguing with people that have made this work. The fact that you have just started is no excuse becaus its the same with me. I have not even done this for a year yet and I am making sales by getting my name out their myself not relying on visitor to order from my site.

Comment

http://www.midwestkel.com/ I see it. You set up you Web site very nicely. My logo however is more of an elegant type of logo and I feel that it would not fit the template. Your logo looks more like a banner. It looks very nice- how you added other pictures to the right of it, too.

I hope you can see what I am saying.

In addition I feel that my domain has a different type of appeal to it than yours, and therefor the template I chose looks better with it.

Thank you for the opportunity to see such a nicely set up Web site.
        Last edited by emega; 13-10-2006, 03:24 AM.

Comment

eMega, I am paying $200/mo for a dedicated server and I only get 2TB of transfer. So saying that the plan you posted above is not IRRESPONSIBLE overselling (RSP oversells, but they control it). I dare you to buy a reseller account and make an offer like that. You'd be out of business in a month.

Furthermore, I would take one sale over 20 affiliates. I would hate to advertise a site that offers similar packages at CHEAPER prices. I advertise RSP on my free hosting site (where there is a bigger market for it), but NOT on my paid hosting site where it can take away visitors.
          And I know for a fact that I get appx. 1 sale for 500 unique visitors. I don't know what forums you post at, but it seems like you are either getting the wrong demographics, or those people already know about RSP and you are targeting the wrong audience.

Also as much as you are saying "You are not getting my point" you seem unable to listen, and are set on your ways which obviously are not working. Trying to compete as a general hosting company can be done with RSP, but you have much more success if you specialize in a certain niche or advertise locally. Whether or not this goes against what *you* want to do, I can tell you 100% that they can raise your sales from 1 in 500 to 1 in 50, or in your case from nothing to maybe 1 in 500.

Obviously the RSP system works or else I wouldn't still be here making money off of them, so simply because you can't get it to work doesn't mean that it is a bad program.

Comment

I see what you are saying. I do not want to become a niche market. I understand what you are saying. Advertising locally or setting up a niche market will surely increase conversion rates, but I would rather become a "general" Web hosting company.

Thank you for your tips, and appreciate it that you told me that your receive aprox. 1 visitor per 500 unique visitors.

Thank you.

Comment

What's funny is that emega.com has a zero page rank. Interesting...

Comment

Why Bother Arguing with this guy/gal?? All he/she talks about is based on Assumptions and not facts..

Show us the Moneeeeeyyyyy!!!!

Comment

eMega has 0 pagerank NOW because Google did not update the pagerank on my site yet. When they do update the pagerank www.eMega.com will easily have a pagerank of 3. eMega already has numerous pagerank 2 and pagerank 3 back links pointing at it.

Give it a few months for Google to update it and you will see that I am right.
                  Last edited by emega; 13-10-2006, 06:56 AM.

Comment

So therefor just based on cashparking the domain is worth $2400 but I said that it is worth 10-15 a month which is why it makes sence that I did not accept the offer.
                    Interesting calculations...

From what you're saying, a 10% annual interest rate would give you $120 * 10 = $1200?? And then, for some reason, you multiply it with 2?! How many math classes did you attend?
                    (sorry, I just couldn't help myself..)
                    Last edited by Guest; 13-10-2006, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Hi,
                      Be patient emega. Just wait and see. Maybe it take a week, a month or a year to be page rank by google. Make promotion for your website and submit it to search engine. Use all your effort to do it.
                      Good luck.

Comment

eMega has 0 pagerank NOW because Google did not update the pagerank on my site yet. When they do update the pagerank www.eMega.com will easily have a pagerank of 3. eMega already has numerous pagerank 2 and pagerank 3 back links pointing at it.

Give it a few months for Google to update it and you will see that I am right.
                        How do you see the page rank of a website?

Comment

Originally posted by JohnQ
                          Interesting calculations...

From what you're saying, a 10% annual interest rate would give you $120 * 10 = $1200?? And then, for some reason, you multiply it with 2?! How many math classes did you attend?
                          (sorry, I just couldn't help myself..)
                          You miss my point. 10 dollars a month is equivalent to 2400 dollars at 5% interest per year.

Go to checkpagerank.com to check if a Web site has pagerank.
                          P.S. Always make sure to check www.yoururl.com not just plain yoururl.com as google sees them as two different urls (unless someone redirects the plain .com version to the www version)
                          Last edited by emega; 13-10-2006, 03:22 PM.

Comment

So, what does page rank is supposed to tell you?

Comment

pagerank is a measure of the importance of your Web site. If your site has many high authority links pointing at it then it will attain a high pagerank score.

Comment

Brandabilty is another factor, and because I feel(my opinion) that this domain name is very brandable I rejected the offer.

You are entitled to you own opinion on the manner.
                                Thank you.

I disagree with you. I do not consider the fact that the alternative extensions of a domain have been registered as well to be an immediate sign of value and rareness, but I will not continue to argue with you over the matter. You are entitled to an opinion of your own, of course.

I never said that it was a direct or immediate cause, I said that it was perhaps a "sign" of some value or rarity. There are many "eMega" names that are taken i.e. eMega(keyword) for example eMega(Web).com is taken and many more, and this is a sign of rareness as well.
                                Lord God Almighty - you really do not know how to calculate interest. I can see why your business is a failure.

Comment

Working...
                                X