Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

They made it. Reselling VPS and Decicated servers. Great !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iPhone View Post
    Common guys - you cant move your business elsewhere just because RSP haven't delivered an update which was meant to come within the specified date. Taking on a project such as monthly billing or VPS / Dedicated Servers is not as simple as you think - there could have been minor problems or faults which could have delayed the project for the servers in this case.

What I am trying to say is that your being a bit harsh on RSP. There's no point in moving elsewhere as it's just a time waste - let them do their bits, let us wait and trust me, we rather let them work on the servers without releasing any bugs / faults etc - it's better for us and them.
    Thank You Iphone... Well said

Comment

• Originally posted by doneritehosting View Post
      I would be nice if everything worked ot this way in a business plan.. How do u judge early / Late mixed with unforseen circumstances? Then release a date everyone happy with? I mean someone answer that for me.
      I've been with RSP for over 5 years now. I know how there scheduling has been for quite some time now. But this has got to be the second time that a deadline was pushed back, and possibly the first time a deadline was pushed back and still not published. Don't tell me about how to judge timelines to work in conjunction to a perfect business plan. They are not your "mom and pop" corner store, RSP has been here for years and have the resources to warn us if dates need to be pushed back instead of just going past them AND THEN pushing them back.

I'm not hating on RSP and you seem to be very protective of them, which I'm cool with, but please understand that I've been with RSP for years and still do LOVE there services. I'm just pissed about this deadline they missed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Daniel View Post
        I've been with RSP for over 5 years now. I know how there scheduling has been for quite some time now. But this has got to be the second time that a deadline was pushed back, and possibly the first time a deadline was pushed back and still not published. Don't tell me about how to judge timelines to work in conjunction to a perfect business plan. They are not your "mom and pop" corner store, RSP has been here for years and have the resources to warn us if dates need to be pushed back instead of just going past them AND THEN pushing them back.

I'm not hating on RSP and you seem to be very protective of them, which I'm cool with, but please understand that I've been with RSP for years and still do LOVE there services. I'm just pissed about this deadline they missed.
        LOL We joined close to the same time. Not so much protective as understanding now. And yup I am also aware of the scheduling problems RP has had in the past so yea I can understand your being pissed too I think we chatted back then 2004-2005 if i remember right so hello after alot of years and good to chat with you again.

Comment

• In business you should always under promise and over deliver. Just think how happy everyone would be if they just said they were considering it and then when it was ready said it is available. No missed deadlines and no disappointments. Everyone would be singing their praises.

Comment

• yeah, promise nothing deliver everything

Comment

• Originally posted by vlasi47gr View Post
              In business you should always under promise and over deliver. Just think how happy everyone would be if they just said they were considering it and then when it was ready said it is available. No missed deadlines and no disappointments. Everyone would be singing their praises.
              Originally posted by Chameleon View Post
              yeah, promise nothing deliver everything
              O yeah that would be nice for a fact lol

Comment

• I work for a company providing a service to paid members, It's my job to make sure things are working and if not get them repaired. I have been doing this job for over 10 years and can safely say I know how the system works. Our management team changes every couple of years and every time our new General Manager decides it's a good idea to put a sign on broken pieces of equipment saying when they will be repaired by and every time I let them know it's a bad idea, but what do I know I only fix these things.

So Friday (20th December) night just after I finish work an important piece of equipment breaks, the GM says put a sign on it saying it will be repaired by Monday 23rd of December.

Ok, this could be possible, but when I check the problem, I find it needs new parts, the company that make this equipment no longer exist, I now have to locate an alternative solution. Having over 10,000 members other things are breaking while I'm doing this, unexpected contractors are turning up to work on site, I have to deal with these too, My working day is quickly comming to an end and I eventually find a part and contact the supplier only to be told the parts are in a different country and have to be shipped over to them and then they will be sent out to me. 2 weeks later I still don't have the parts our members are complaining to my GM and he is having a go at me, but he's the one who gave them the date in the first place. Eventually the parts arrive and the equipment is working 3 weeks after the date given.

That's just an example of a day (or 3 weeks) in my life. Management Give a date hoping things will run smoothly and our service will be delivered on time, but in real life this never happens (well near enough never).

If I see a date for release from RSP I know from real life experience it will be around that time give a month or two. You know its on it's way and it will arrive eventually but you just have to wait, that's a fact of life. Just remember good things come to those who wait.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Loon View Post
                  I work for a company providing a service to paid members, It's my job to make sure things are working and if not get them repaired. I have been doing this job for over 10 years and can safely say I know how the system works. Our management team changes every couple of years and every time our new General Manager decides it's a good idea to put a sign on broken pieces of equipment saying when they will be repaired by and every time I let them know it's a bad idea, but what do I know I only fix these things.

So Friday (20th December) night just after I finish work an important piece of equipment breaks, the GM says put a sign on it saying it will be repaired by Monday 23rd of December.

Ok, this could be possible, but when I check the problem, I find it needs new parts, the company that make this equipment no longer exist, I now have to locate an alternative solution. Having over 10,000 members other things are breaking while I'm doing this, unexpected contractors are turning up to work on site, I have to deal with these too, My working day is quickly comming to an end and I eventually find a part and contact the supplier only to be told the parts are in a different country and have to be shipped over to them and then they will be sent out to me. 2 weeks later I still don't have the parts our members are complaining to my GM and he is having a go at me, but he's the one who gave them the date in the first place. Eventually the parts arrive and the equipment is working 3 weeks after the date given.

That's just an example of a day (or 3 weeks) in my life. Management Give a date hoping things will run smoothly and our service will be delivered on time, but in real life this never happens (well near enough never).

If I see a date for release from RSP I know from real life experience it will be around that time give a month or two. You know its on it's way and it will arrive eventually but you just have to wait, that's a fact of life. Just remember good things come to those who wait.
                  Hello Loon

That was a great and informative post. I am sure that can get to be very frustrating at times for sure.

Comment

• I understand what you are saying about time frames for the vps and such. Have many a time thought in the beginning that something could be accomplished by a certain time but hindered in the progress by unforseen events.
                    I have just been reading what everyone is saying and right from the start did not believe the given dates. So it did not get me pissed off just disappointed a bit.
                    What has me upset now is that it seems to be turning out just like the monthly hosting.
                    Before I signed up with RSP I had asked about the monthly hosting (copies of support tickets and chat sessions) Was told several times that monthly hosting would be available soon (this was in 2007). Have done some research and this was the statement constantly since 2004.
                    Not too long ago RSP switch it's billing program (cPanel section) to WHMCS so that billing was made easier and more efficient. Using this program on the free RSP would also make it easier for them to track and aid in the development of the monthly billing.
                    You may say tha RSP has thousands of customers but from what it seems like is that they do have a large turn around also. Many people sign up and realize that what they are told is not what is going to happen so they move on and come back maybe in a few years and see new things being offered. The question now is will they be delivered or will it be like the the monthly billing teaser.
                    Yes the support staff here is great but their hands are tied by marketing and management.
                    I am now just sitting and waiting to see if the the RSP tree will bear fruit.

Comment

• Jkacp,

Ditto... That is my position also and I am going to give this a reasonable amount of time but if this drags out to far I will start developing a cpanel reseller account with the hopes RSP will eventually pull through on this. Then I will transfer clients over to RSP as the client support is great or has been for me.

Comment

• Funny thing is I just moved all my cPanel clients to somewhere else. Still had almost three weeks left on the account that I paid for. (the same thing happens on cPanel, support will tell you one thing and billing tells you another)
                        Just keeping the free RSP for now to see where it will go.

Comment

• I hope the vps and so on doesn't turn in to a carrot on a string to attract new people, but it never gets delivered.

Im making a new site design at the moment based purely off the case that hopefully by the end of this year these new services will be a fact (im not so bothered about losing the monthly billing for the shared hosting just now), but if these new services dont come in a realistic time frame (i know things can be held up), then im not going to be happy. I've been here since late 2004/early 2005 and I wouldn't expect my customers to be treated like that, let alone me.

Comment

• what bothers me about the monthly thing is that for so long we were told that it is in the works and coming. Now this sounds like the same thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chameleon View Post
                              I hope the vps and so on doesn't turn in to a carrot on a string to attract new people, but it never gets delivered.

Im making a new site design at the moment based purely off the case that hopefully by the end of this year these new services will be a fact (im not so bothered about losing the monthly billing for the shared hosting just now), but if these new services dont come in a realistic time frame (i know things can be held up), then im not going to be happy. I've been here since late 2004/early 2005 and I wouldn't expect my customers to be treated like that, let alone me.
                              I plan on making RSP a paid upgrade off of a free hosting site and having total hosting upgrades straight up to dedicated servers is wonderful but generally clients on free hosting cannot afford a yearly subscription up front so monthly billing is important to my plans also.

Comment

• Originally posted by jkacp View Post
                                what bothers me about the monthly thing is that for so long we were told that it is in the works and coming. Now this sounds like the same thing.
                                I sure hope not, just have to see what happens..

Comment

Working...
                                X