Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

They made it. Reselling VPS and Decicated servers. Great !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nova-Host View Post
    I agree. They spent all that time developing it and promsing us it would be implemented, then the RSP management went and, forgive the term, "shafted" us and told us "Oh, we're sorry, but the feature of monthly billing we've been promising to give to you is no longer being implemented." To me, its basically a big middle finger (forgive the term again). Honestly, I am now, and have been for the last week or two, considering taking my business elsewhere. However, if at the very least we get a three month billing cycle, I'll be more content to stay.
    I was not actually implying that we are getting quite shafted. I can understand providing monthly billing can be labor intensive which equals very costly to providethis for some 60,000 resellers and every one of their clients in retrospective.. But i was hoping the suggestion of a 3 month billing cycle would make this feasable for rsp to implement for shared hosting... the monthly billing back end is obviously functional if rsp are using it for the vps, semi dedicated, and dedicated plans we are soon to be selling on the 16th of this month. (hopefully)

After setting up my biz fourth time, enom reseller account and dedicated ip addresses setting up whmcs the fourth time and refunding money out of my paypal account after my providers faded away again after their 30 day guarantee I am prepared to negotiate for a 3 month billing cycle from rsp and just work with them...
    Last edited by doneritehosting; 15-11-2009, 06:26 AM. Reason: Typo

Comment

• Originally posted by doneritehosting View Post

After setting up my biz fourth time, enom reseller account and dedicated ip addresses setting up whmcs the fourth time and refunding money out of my paypal account after my providers faded away again after their 30 day guarantee I am prepared to negotiate for a 3 month billing cycle from rsp and just work with them...
      Wow, sounds like we've had the same experience most of the time! I've had a few very successful ventures running on my own servers, but most turn out to be complete disasters due to inept data centers, software providers, or hosting companies from which I've bought a cPanel reseller. Combine with this the fact that WHM is about the most complicated piece of software to use, and I hate cPanel hosts.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Stealthy One View Post
        Wow, sounds like we've had the same experience most of the time! I've had a few very successful ventures running on my own servers, but most turn out to be complete disasters due to inept data centers, software providers, or hosting companies from which I've bought a cPanel reseller. Combine with this the fact that WHM is about the most complicated piece of software to use, and I hate cPanel hosts.
        Hey Steathy One!

Well starting a hosting biz is certainly not the bed of roses everyone thinks it is. There is alot of work and patience involved and also as you agree with, it can all go down the tubes in 0.5 seconds if your provider folds. Resellers panel is truely a turnkey opportunity and takes practicaly all the load from you, the reseller plus they are established and i doubt they are going anywhere soon.

I am very excited of the vps, semi dedicated and dedicated offerings coming soon. I am sure this will boost sales just for the fact the reseller will now look more like a individual company in itself.

I do hope something is worked out with the billing like I said above I would be perfectly content with the introduction of a 3 month billing cycle even though I doubt a free domain option would be feasable

Potential client risks very little money to try us, And that is important because if you cannot convince them of an annual sale they might try your services with little money up front for 3 months. I'm sure once a client tries us they will be happy enough to stay.

I've read posts where resellers are concerned with the feature offerings of the packages vs other companies but i believe with a competitive billing cycle the client can afford we will become more competitive with these other companies. The economy is tight and alot of people just cant afford to come off the money for a yearly subscription for hosting.. No matter how good it is..

Well just my views...

Have a good day and hope your weekend was a good one

Comment

• I like the idea of having Vps i see alot of money being spent by some people. I hope they have link listed for it in marketing links so i can send people directly to it instead of main page.

Comment

• Originally posted by rcj662 View Post
            I like the idea of having Vps i see alot of money being spent by some people. I hope they have link listed for it in marketing links so i can send people directly to it instead of main page.
            Yea no doubt about that. Those vps are probably gonna be a hot marketing lever.

Comment

• Well its only 5:30 am where i live and i'm looking forwards to a pleasant surprise when i get off my day job.

Comment

• They'll get it done, just give them a chance

Im in agreement with the billing cycles in theory, however i think that RSP should integrate it in a way that allows minimum risk to themselves, but also allow the reseller to choose the billing cycles that they wish to choose.

It would be an administrative nightmare that's for sure, but at least then they could help keep monthly (or even 3 monthly) billing costs down to a minimum by making the reseller change away from annual.

Just my 2 pence

Comment

• Originally posted by wmghori
                  So, is it 16th there yet or would have to wait few more hours?
                  Originally posted by doneritehosting View Post
                  Well its only 5:30 am where i live and i'm looking forwards to a pleasant surprise when i get off my day job.
                  Well, I doubt today will release it.

Most probably will postpone again...

May be by this week ?

Comment

• Originally posted by wjleong View Post
                    Well, I doubt today will release it.

Most probably will postpone again...

May be by this week ?
                    I'm predicting they will postpone until November 31st. Maybe even 2010.

Comment

• Originally posted by Daniel View Post
                      Haha...

May be, may be.

They have such history on other projects.

Comment

• 3:45 PM. Where is the VPS, Semi, and Dedi release? Has it been postponed YET AGAIN without ius being told until two weeks from now?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chameleon View Post
                          They'll get it done, just give them a chance

Im in agreement with the billing cycles in theory, however i think that RSP should integrate it in a way that allows minimum risk to themselves, but also allow the reseller to choose the billing cycles that they wish to choose.

It would be an administrative nightmare that's for sure, but at least then they could help keep monthly (or even 3 monthly) billing costs down to a minimum by making the reseller change away from annual.

Just my 2 pence
                          O I pretty sure they will get it done.. Somehow they always do come through. It may not be in the timeframe that pleases each and every reseller but RP has come along ways since I first joined. If I am getting the right impression from your post... I dont think billing is gonna be either / or far as monthly vs annual billing but rather a choice for the client to make themselves.. However What you suggest is actually very cool because it would keep the resellers that prefer annual billing only happy and yes save resellers panel some long run labor possibly. ResellersPanel has grown tremendously since 2004 and after trying things on my own that is why I am back and I am sure excited by the growth of this company to say the least

Comment

• Originally posted by Daniel View Post
                            Maybe so but resellers panel is responsible for more than just them, and my personal preference is I would rather everything be rocksolid than flakey.. flakey applications actually hurt the reseller more not resellers panel per say as we are in the public view and Our sites being free template driven or private sites will carry the flaming if anything goes wrong. I can wait for it to be right for a fact..

Thats my 2 cents...

Comment

• BTW Milen

Its been a long time... Kinda embarrased I haven't said hello up front. How has everything been going for you?

Comment

• Ok I have conacted support and the release has been delayed for further testing. Thats fine by me I'd rather everything work right the first time but thought everyone asking should have a heads up.

Comment

Working...
                                X