Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

They made it. Reselling VPS and Decicated servers. Great !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wjleong View Post
    Haha...
    Sorry for my words.
    I just re-tell what I being treated in some major forums, like freewebspace.net
    They are not welcome rsp reseller do business there, and what I said is what they explained to me.

lol...
    Yeah webhostingtalk.com wont let you either.... What they tell you if you claim that you handle the support yourself *Even if you are is * " I highly doubt it"

and then you gotta stop.

Where are you guys advertising?

Comment

You can't go what webhostingtalk.com relays to you. They are very clanny on that site. It was told to me that the reason RSP is not allowed was because they do the customer tech support for you till I pointed out that they have quite a few Godaddy resellers in their elite (premium group) and godaddy does the support for all of them. There are a quite a few that farm their support out.
      You have to be firm with them.
      As far as the monthly packages here on RSP. Yes I am very upset, since the fact that before I signed up I had asked about it and was told that it is in the works. Many people are being warned not to sign up for a year. The better business bureau also advises people not to commit to a year, and now what I thought was going to happen isn't going to happen.
      I have stopped advertising my RSP account and am working more with my cPanel. Though I will keep the account open I cannot wholeheartedly refer it anymore.

Comment

I dont really worry about monthly billing.. i only have a few account.. so few that i can count it in my hands..LOL.. 3 of them signed up for 3 years hosting of course, i have not paid the next 2 years yet.. ill use the money for other things first.

Comment

I have never been asked about monthly billing. I believe that since the cost is so low in my niche that annual billing is not a problem. Also, monthly billing is inconvenient for my clients. It costs them time and money to pay on a monthly basis. Figure $120/yr is 12 payments of $10. If they miss or are late on a payment their site is subject to be down 12 times a year. Paid annually they don't have to worry about that.

Comment

Originally posted by vlasi47gr View Post
            I have never been asked about monthly billing. I believe that since the cost is so low in my niche that annual billing is not a problem. Also, monthly billing is inconvenient for my clients. It costs them time and money to pay on a monthly basis. Figure $120/yr is 12 payments of $10. If they miss or are late on a payment their site is subject to be down 12 times a year. Paid annually they don't have to worry about that.
            I believe even launch monthly billing, annual billing option will still remain to suit difference needs.

But, ... the fact is monthly billing will not be considered for shared hosting plans.

Comment

Originally posted by vlasi47gr View Post
              Auto billing is good for that ....

So any eta on when we can actualy start selling it now?

Comment

Originally posted by darkeden View Post
                Auto billing is good for that ....

So any eta on when we can actualy start selling it now?
                selling what?

you are able to resell vps and semi-dedicated server now (through templates,remote order form etc), but the dedicated server only able to resell through manual order in reseller control panel, will be available together with new reseller store template within this month.

Comment

selling what?

you are able to resell vps and semi-dedicated server now (through templates,remote order form etc), but the dedicated server only able to resell through manual order in reseller control panel, will be available together with new reseller store template within this month.
                  I will check it out now ..... for some reason its telling me vps and semi dedicated cant be sold untill october on my panel and I cant even set prices.

Comment

I will check it out now ..... for some reason its telling me vps and semi dedicated cant be sold untill october on my panel and I cant even set prices.
                    I've double checked my panel, and I'm sure that both vps and semi-dedicated server can be purchased through reseller control panel > buy hosting account.

But the changes in the vps, semi dedi and dedi will be reflected on your hosting store in the end of October when the system will be released.

I think below is what you saw in your panel :
                    ====================
                    In this section you can set your own prices for the presented services. The changes made here will be reflected on your hosting store in the end of October when the system will be released. Please use this timeframe to set you prices!
                    ====================

Comment

I've double checked my panel, and I'm sure that both vps and semi-dedicated server can be purchased through reseller control panel > buy hosting account.

But the changes in the vps, semi dedi and dedi will be reflected on your hosting store in the end of October when the system will be released.

I think below is what you saw in your panel :
                      ====================
                      In this section you can set your own prices for the presented services. The changes made here will be reflected on your hosting store in the end of October when the system will be released. Please use this timeframe to set you prices!
                      ====================

Nope cant order or anything. Cant even look at the plans.

Comment

Nope cant order or anything. Cant even look at the plans.
                        weird weird ...

Comment

Have you activated the plans through the My Offers section of your reseller control panel, as explained here and made them available (put a check in the Plan Offer column of the My Offers section of your reseller control panel)? If you have and still cannot see the plans, please open a support ticket about this issue.

Comment

We have the option to offer Free Domain (a common and popular selling tactic) for shared hosting, and will RSP consider the same option for Semi-Dedicated plan as well as VPS and Dedicated Server when it launch at the end of this month ?

Beside that, when fully launch of Dedicated Server in this month, will we be given the ability to set the managed service pricing in Dedicated Upgrades section ?

Comment

Originally posted by Milen View Post
                              Have you activated the plans through the My Offers section of your reseller control panel, as explained here and made them available (put a check in the Plan Offer column of the My Offers section of your reseller control panel)? If you have and still cannot see the plans, please open a support ticket about this issue.
                              Thanks I will open a ticket, Are the templates going to be updated so we can show vps semi dedicated and shared plans all at once?

Comment

Yes, the templates will be update to include the new options, but it may take some time.

We have the option to offer Free Domain (a common and popular selling tactic) for shared hosting, and will RSP consider the same option for Semi-Dedicated plan as well as VPS and Dedicated Server when it launch at the end of this month?
                                No, as far as I know, a free domain option will not be included with the semi-dedicated plans. In general, a client willing to spend USD 60 or more on a semi-dedicated plan per month is unlikely to sing for the plan, because of a free domain offer.

Beside that, when fully launch of Dedicated Server in this month, will we be given the ability to set the managed service pricing in Dedicated Upgrades section?
                                I do not know, whether reseller would be able to set a price for the managed services. It would be best to ask about this in a ticket, which will be forwarded for reply to our marketing department.

Comment

Working...
                                X