Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

They made it. Reselling VPS and Decicated servers. Great !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darkeden View Post
    Would be cool if this one could have some features then have been requested for awhile first though.
    Yes, resellers suggestions made so far will be taken into consideration, although I cannot promise that everything suggested will be implemented.

Originally posted by The Stealthy One View Post
    Just curious - in what ways will the new panel be different from the old one?
    The new panel will be remade completely and based on newest web technologies like AJAX, which is used only for portions of the current control panel.

Originally posted by wjleong View Post
    Although in the past, Milen had explained several times about rsp policy in not to offer monthly billing for shared.
    But I would also like to know, since they had introduce monthly for vps and dedi, are they planning to offer monthly in future?
    So far the company management has determined that monthly billing is not cost-effective for shared plans, if this changes, I will let you know.

do you think they are overprice?
    We believe that the prices for dedicated servers that we charge are justified by the quality of the hardware, services and connectivity we offer. The prices also depend on the prices that we pay for hardware, connectivity and collocation fees. However, this is a very volatile sector, and if the company management sees a possibility to reduce prices, I’m sure that it would be done.

Originally posted by ankur View Post
    Hey, can anybody tell me, how can I buy shared of company? I m interested.
    LiquidNet is privately-owned and company shares are not available for sale. Actually, the fact that the company is privately-owned has helped Resellers Panel weather the effects of the market crisis so far. As far as I know, Resellers Panel is debt free and the company does not have to pay dividends to shareholders, meaning that the company owners may choose to reinvest the entire profit in further business development. So far, Resellers Panel has grown organically through profit reinvestment rather than borrowed money or equity capital sales. This may result in a slower pace of growth, but makes the company more stable in times of market crisis like the current one.

Comment

So far the company management has determined that monthly billing is not cost-effective for shared plans, if this changes, I will let you know.
      Hold up there. Are you saying that we've been getting told monthly billing was coming/being worked on for shared hosting only to be told now that it actually isn't? Is it just me, or does it somehow feel like we're being, forgive the term, "shafted"? If so, then it reminds me of a certain software company which people often associate with that word. I do hope other companies aren't trying to follow in their footsteps. So can I have an honest answer? Is monthly billing for shared hosting coming or not? Because if it isn't, I'll assume I'm correct in my assessment and begin making plans to take my business elsewhere, unless of course, I'm proved wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Nova-Host View Post
        Hold up there. Are you saying that we've been getting told monthly billing was coming/being worked on for shared hosting only to be told now that it actually isn't? Is it just me, or does it somehow feel like we're being, forgive the term, "shafted"? If so, then it reminds me of a certain software company which people often associate with that word. I do hope other companies aren't trying to follow in their footsteps. So can I have an honest answer? Is monthly billing for shared hosting coming or not? Because if it isn't, I'll assume I'm correct in my assessment and begin making plans to take my business elsewhere, unless of course, I'm proved wrong.
        Yeah I think monthly billing for shared not being cost effective is kinda bull just change some pricing ..... I picked up a panel like resellers panel from a hostgator reseller and even though I could choose only to offer yearly billing monthly would overall get me more customers at a 5% cost increase.

Besides that everything else is great. I just thought it would happen since the whole forum has asked for it:/ I am thinking of using resellers panmel for semi dedicated , vps and dedicated and using another for shared.

Comment

You know what, I actually came up with the exact same idea. Using RSP for dedicated hosting (vps, semi-dedicated, dedicated) and using another reseller for domains and shared hosting. I've actually been looking into resellerscluster for that, but they arent exactly what i'm looking for. If, however, monthly billing for shared is indeed coming, then I'll gladly wait a few more months. If not, well, we'll see what happens.

Comment

Are you saying that we've been getting told monthly billing was coming/being worked on for shared hosting only to be told now that it actually isn't?
            The back-end system that can handle monthly billing is practically ready. However, after careful consideration, the company management has decided that monthly billing would not be cost-efficient for shared hosting plans and would not be made available at this time. Whether this would change in the future, I don't know. I know that this decision was not taken lightly and I am certain that the company managers have their serious reasons for taking it.

Comment

Originally posted by Milen View Post
              The back-end system that can handle monthly billing is practically ready. However, after careful consideration, the company management has decided that monthly billing would not be cost-efficient for shared hosting plans and would not be made available at this time. Whether this would change in the future, I don't know. I know that this decision was not taken lightly and I am certain that the company managers have their serious reasons for taking it.
              In other words, after continuing to tell us it was coming, it isn't. So in reality we are now being shafted. I figured as much. I am extremely disappointed and annoyed (not at you Milen, but at RSP management) at the fact that we were all misled. Now I have to ask, exactly how is monthly billing for shared NOT cost effective? I can't see one reason why. The way I see it, just about every other hosting company offers monthly billing for shared. So whats the big deal? Why not RSP? And what are the reasons for it? If a reason cant be stated, then I'll just take my business elsewhere, and advise others to do the same, though I can't stop them from staying.

Comment

In other words, after continuing to tell us it was coming, it isn't. So in reality we are now being shafted. I figured as much. I am extremely disappointed and annoyed (not at you Milen, but at RSP management) at the fact that we were all misled. Now I have to ask, exactly how is monthly billing for shared NOT cost effective? I can't see one reason why. The way I see it, just about every other hosting company offers monthly billing for shared. So whats the big deal? Why not RSP? And what are the reasons for it? If a reason cant be stated, then I'll just take my business elsewhere, and advise others to do the same, though I can't stop them from staying.
                To RSP, why would they resort to earning $5 per month if they can immediately take the user's money of $50 per year? It's all about business and cash flow.

Yearly paying clients will normally stay longer than monthly paying clients simply because they have already paid for a year and would have to utilize what they have paid (no refunds after they money back guarantee period). If the client is paying monthly, they would have canceled only after going to the third month for multiple reasons, one of them being that there are greener pastures out there as RSP's business model is directly completing with those unlimited providers.

Comment

Originally posted by J.L.H.C. View Post
                  To RSP, why would they resort to earning $5 per month if they can immediately take the user's money of $50 per year? It's all about business and cash flow.

Yearly paying clients will normally stay longer than monthly paying clients simply because they have already paid for a year and would have to utilize what they have paid (no refunds after they money back guarantee period). If the client is paying monthly, they would have canceled only after going to the third month for multiple reasons, one of them being that there are greener pastures out there as RSP's business model is directly completing with those unlimited providers.
                  Yes but monthly billing would attract more customers. More customers = more money which equals more advertising which equals more money... That customer staying for 3 months is still more then him not staying at all.

Comment

Yes but monthly billing would attract more customers. More customers = more money which equals more advertising which equals more money... That customer staying for 3 months is still more then him not staying at all.
                    And that, RPS management, was my point, and probably everyone else's as well, for practically begging to have shared monthly billing. And, as we can now all see, apparently they weren't listening to us on that issue. At least they had the sense to listen to us about everything else though, and for that I thank them. But for this...well, I already pointed out my personal opinion on how badly they handled this one situation. Perhaps now they will see the point and stop shafting us on monthly billing.

Comment

May be more money for resellers, but not rsp.

Think that, now lots of scammer in www. If offer monthly billing, must be more scammer buy hosting service with rsp resellers, and they can make all other accounts in the account where scammer hosted get problem, like ip blacklisted etc.

Somemore, some high resources utilise site will come to rsp too for shared hosting, because it's cheap, somemore monthly billing, anything happen, they can easily move to another monthly billing host (then they start suffer.).

Please also keep in mind that, rsp will keep clients account data for a certain period after they didn't renew for next billing period, in case they renew, account re-activated and all data remain. In this case, how many GB of space will be occupied?

Each server rsp host let say 1000 clients. If 300 of them are monthly billing, 100 of them do not renew and rsp keep it for let say 30 days. that's mean every month rsp lost 100 accounts profit. if rsp has 10 server, mean lost huge amount of money.

RSP do consider about themselves. They can't afford that lose. If they didn't earn lots of money, they have nothing to invest for growth...

Correct me if what I thought was wrong.

Comment

May be more money for resellers, but not rsp.

Think that, now lots of scammer in www. If offer monthly billing, must be more scammer buy hosting service with rsp resellers, and they can make all other accounts in the account where scammer hosted get problem, like ip blacklisted etc.

Somemore, some high resources utilise site will come to rsp too for shared hosting, because it's cheap, somemore monthly billing, anything happen, they can easily move to another monthly billing host (then they start suffer.).

Please also keep in mind that, rsp will keep clients account data for a certain period after they didn't renew for next billing period, in case they renew, account re-activated and all data remain. In this case, how many GB of space will be occupied?

Each server rsp host let say 1000 clients. If 300 of them are monthly billing, 100 of them do not renew and rsp keep it for let say 30 days. that's mean every month rsp lost 100 accounts profit. if rsp has 10 server, mean lost huge amount of money.

RSP do consider about themselves. They can't afford that lose. If they didn't earn lots of money, they have nothing to invest for growth...

Correct me if what I thought was wrong.
                        No, you are correct. It does mean more money for resellers and probably less for rsp, but correct me if I'm wrong, RSP is working to help us, the reseller, to create greater ways of selling our products, and monthly billing is a critical way of doing just that. Sure, RSP might lose a little money during the short term, but in the long term it can lead to greater profits, if done correctly. It all depends on the reseller, the plans they offer, and how they offer them. Not how RSP wants us to offer them. And besides, just if we had monthly billing, why woukld make people think that customers won't continue to sign up for yearly contracts? So really, in the long run, its a win-win situation for resellers and RSP. Only problem is, RSP doesn't see it that way. Oh well, All I can say is I tried.

Comment

No, you are correct. It does mean more money for resellers and probably less for rsp, but correct me if I'm wrong, RSP is working to help us, the reseller, to create greater ways of selling our products, and monthly billing is a critical way of doing just that. Sure, RSP might lose a little money during the short term, but in the long term it can lead to greater profits, if done correctly. It all depends on the reseller, the plans they offer, and how they offer them. Not how RSP wants us to offer them. And besides, just if we had monthly billing, why woukld make people think that customers won't continue to sign up for yearly contracts? So really, in the long run, its a win-win situation for resellers and RSP. Only problem is, RSP doesn't see it that way. Oh well, All I can say is I tried.
                          No, we are working to help rsp to earn more money. The more reseller, mean the more chances their products sold, but not our products.
                          We are just 'affiliates' of rsp to help them to sell their products and earn commission from them. The differences from others are we can decide our 'commission'.
                          Of course this is win win situation, but the ball is not on our foot...

Comment

No, we are working to help rsp to earn more money. The more reseller, mean the more chances their products sold, but not our products.
                            We are just 'affiliates' of rsp to help them to sell their products and earn commission from them. The differences from others are we can decide our 'commission'.
                            Of course this is win win situation, but the ball is not on our foot...

I'm sorry, but I disagree with you. Yes, we earn commission from them, yes we are their affilliates. But do we get to create our own plans? Yes. Do we get to set our own prices? Yes. Do we get to decide what we sell? Yes. I'm sorry, but doesn't that sound like being your own company to you? Because thats what it sounds like to me. And that means RSP is helping us to sell products we, the reseller, create with their liquid plan builder. So yes, in a way, it is their product by way of the plan builder, but we still created the plan, therefore it makes it a unique plan, created by the reseller, therefore the resellers plan, not RSP's. Do you see my point now?

Comment

I'm sorry, but I disagree with you. Yes, we earn commission from them, yes we are their affilliates. But do we get to create our own plans? Yes. Do we get to set our own prices? Yes. Do we get to decide what we sell? Yes. I'm sorry, but doesn't that sound like being your own company to you? Because thats what it sounds like to me. And that means RSP is helping us to sell products we, the reseller, create with their liquid plan builder. So yes, in a way, it is their product by way of the plan builder, but we still created the plan, therefore it makes it a unique plan, created by the reseller, therefore the resellers plan, not RSP's. Do you see my point now?
                              Haha...
                              Sorry for my words.
                              I just re-tell what I being treated in some major forums, like freewebspace.net
                              They are not welcome rsp reseller do business there, and what I said is what they explained to me.

lol...

Comment

Well in that case I disagree with them, lol. While we're on the subject of upgrades and such, I remember at one point being told that selling domains and shared seperately was in the works. Is anything happening on that front?

Comment

Working...
                                X