Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

They made it. Reselling VPS and Decicated servers. Great !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was about to ask the same thing. i thought the system was going to be released last month? What's the big deal?

Comment

• Originally posted by Daniel View Post
      Lets hope Monday they launch it.
      Maybe Tuesday?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Stealthy One View Post
        Maybe Tuesday?
        today my country is Tuesday...

Maybe wednesday ?

Comment

• It is now 10 AM on Tuesday, and still waiting for the promised release from last month.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Loon View Post
            I'm not holding my breath, but better to have a working product than a halve working one that has loads of bugs.
            I'll say it again, better to have a working product than a halve working one that has loads of bugs.

Comment

• Amen to that.

Comment

• According to the latest news release on rsp, they had postponed the release of vps,semi-dedi and dedi to 16th Nov.

Let's wait...

Comment

• Why is it that this was not reflected in our RSP CP's???

Comment

• Originally posted by Nova-Host View Post
                    Why is it that this was not reflected in our RSP CP's???
                    do you mean the news section which situated on the botton of our reseller cp?

i also noticed that show the september reseller check problem news and didn't update after this. may be something error??

Comment

• Originally posted by wjleong View Post

i also noticed that show the september reseller check problem news and didn't update after this. may be something error??
                      No the main news section on the RSP website.

http://www.resellerspanel.com/ (right hand side)

Comment

• The release of the Semi-Dedicated, Dedicated and Virtual Servers has been postponed. Find out more in the full post.

Comment

• Originally posted by wjleong View Post
                          wjleong, please open a ticket about this.

Originally posted by Daniel View Post
                          No the main news section on the RSP website.
                          http://www.resellerspanel.com/ (right hand side)
                          It's updated right now, but I do not know when it was updated exactly. It was not updated yesterday at around 4:30PM GMT when I last checked, otherwise I would have noticed the news update and would have it here on the forum yesterday.

Comment

• This is indeed a huge step forward for us, and I thank all of the RSP staff and developers for working to provide this for us.

Going to Nova-Hosts issue over the retractment of the monthly billing for the shared accounts, I completely understand his points of view on this matter.

However...

In my little corner of the world, it's typically small business (or even startups) that open up hosting accounts through us. I haven't heard of any easily recognisable brands that would buy from us as they typically have their own servers and developers etc. to look after it.

As for the billing cycles, I have found from my own experience (and this could be drastically different from Nova-Host's) that startups and small businesses tend to lean towards the annual billing cycle to help manage their finances better. Yes it may sound strange (my corner of the world is in a way haha) but the trend here is to have their hosting costs on an annual basis so that they can forget about that and worry about premesis rent and rates on a monthly basis, and where I am these can be stupidly expensive. Going on those facts, this makes RSP's reversal on offering monthly billing for the time being a strategically sound idea as they reduce thier costs of processing payments each month which gives them the extra money to pour into developing other ways for us to make money.

So yes while this change doesn't directly effect me, I can understand the consternation he feels on this point as being able to bill monthly would benefit him greatly, which begs the question - why doesn't he simply take the risk on his own shoulders and deal with monthly billing himself? Please don't take this as a personal attack on him, this is a blanket statement for everyone who could benefit from this, I have nothing but respect for him looking out for what is best for his business. However, if he is currently generating enough profits from annual sales, he should be easily able to re-invest this profit into the business by carrying the risk of dealing with monthly subscribers himself. After all, we can't expect RSP to deliver the "ultimate" in tools simly because it would make life easy for us. If that were the case, all we would be is salespeople.

As for the debate on who represents who, we ARE affiliates of RSP, we simply sell their product, however they have given us the tools to be able to do that in a way that suits our niche markets. Think of it this way, give your resellers the ability to sell your product in a way that suits their chosen market, you make more sales and thus more money. I thought that was pretty obvious.

Sorry for the rant haha

Comment

• Hello to all... been long time

I also signed up with rsp in 2004 - 2005 and keep checking back to see if the features promised have been implemented.. the vps semidedicated and dedicated features are a smart move for sure. Makes the reseller look more independant.

I am however disappointed to see monthly billing flopping even though i understand the billing overhead on rsp. A three month billing cycle would be more feasable and i could certainly live with that. I am sure that there are people that have been stung such as I on annual plans when the company just dried up and faded away. Now rsp takes care of clients when this happens with one of their resellers, however the potential client visiting a reseller page has no idea what is backing the reseller and therefore may turn their nose to committing to a annual plan. They may perhaps try a three month billing with a low risk cost to try the company.. As I have said i have been stung Trying these alpha reseller plans with a year commitment and lost out after the 30day guarantee.. I however have one alphareseller plan on hold I pay for monthly. That i am testing server reliability before I set WHMCS back up again. If I dont like it or the company dissapears I will lose a months payment, not a year in advance.

The promise of a secondary billing solution other than annual with rsp has been drawing me back here and I sure hope that it has not flopped as I am reading because for a fact it sure does not make sense to spend all this time developing it then not implement it at all. I hope that you will consider a three month billing cycle to be cost effective at least and then I can quit looking at other possibilities and focus time back on rsp.

Comment

• I agree. They spent all that time developing it and promsing us it would be implemented, then the RSP management went and, forgive the term, "shafted" us and told us "Oh, we're sorry, but the feature of monthly billing we've been promising to give to you is no longer being implemented." To me, its basically a big middle finger (forgive the term again). Honestly, I am now, and have been for the last week or two, considering taking my business elsewhere. However, if at the very least we get a three month billing cycle, I'll be more content to stay.

Comment

Working...
                                X